Personalization or, in other words, printing of variable data is the printing of unique information on each label: text personalization, barcode printing, printing information about the date of manufacture, expiration date, product price, printing a serial or inventory number.
For marking goods is used GS1 DataMatrix barcode.
The two-dimensional DataMatrix code is an industrial matrix code consisting not of lines, but of pixels (dots). It can be square or rectangular, bounded below and to the left by solid black lines. Inside it is filled with pixels: squares or circles in two contrasting colors. To make the code easier to read, it is printed in black and white. It allows you to encode any information about the product (weight, expiration date, series number, batch number, date of manufacture).
Main features of GS1 Data Matrix:
- high density of encoded information per unit area;
- in case of damage readability still can be up to 30% of the barcode surface;
- symbology is standardized for use in the GS system.
Methods for applying the means of identification:
- labeling (automatic application, manual application);
- typographic (SI printing on packaging, SI printing on a product label, SI printing on a sticker);
- direct printing (thermal transfer printing).
During the two-dimensional code printing, for the purpose of diagnostics and control a quality class (verification) is determined, which accurately predicts the expected efficiency of reading a character under various external conditions.
The quality class is a quantitative basis, where on a descending scale designation from 4 to 0, 4 corresponds to the highest quality class. The letter definition of quality is also used - from A to F, where class F denotes the quality class corresponding to faulty product.